Orchard House Oak Tree
Day Nursery & Preschool
13 Nine Mile Ride
Monday – Friday: 07.30 – 18.30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
We are located on Nine Mile Ride, linked directly to the A322 and are just 10 minutes away from the M4 junctions 10 and 11.
Car parking is available outside the nursery for convenient drop off and pick up.
Orchard House Oak Tree
Oak Tree Day Nursery in Finchampstead, Wokingham really lives up to its ‘Outstanding’ reputation and we are proud to have been awarded this by Ofsted four times.
We inspire children to be investigative and curious of the world around them through small-world play. Our nursery features a bespoke growing area and greenhouse for children to experience and gain a love and appreciation for the natural world. Growing fruits, vegetables, and different plants to use in cooking or even make their own natural inks.
We offer a learning library where families can borrow books, story sacks or activity bags which support with learning at home as well as managing different emotions or new experiences.
Our diverse team within the nursery means individual cultures and backgrounds are celebrated and shared with the children in a natural way every day, and the children enjoy activities such as singing and reading stories in Spanish.
We also focus on our families, listening to our parents and children to help create a home from home environment where we are all part of the whole nursery, and one big family.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How We Learn at Orchard House Day Nurseries & Preschools
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We will start to develop your child’s early vocabulary, understanding and social skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- Our key focus is to develop children’s language, social and physical development, and to encourage children to do things for themselves by exploring, investigating, watching, and listening
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- Our key focus is to teach self-help skills and extend on building self-care skills, self-esteem, develop language and communication skills, and build vocabulary
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our babies have regular access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use our tree house and natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
My name is Becca, and I am the Nursery Manager at Oaktree. I have been working in Early Years since 2005 when I got my first part time job in a nursery, whilst studying my A levels. I soon realised that this was more than a job and I had a true passion for childcare and all that comes with it. After completing my A levels in Health and Social Care and Physiology I decided to pursue a career in Childcare. I received my qualification in December 2008 and quickly progressed through the nursery. I worked as Deputy Manager at Oaktree for 5 years and in December 2022 I took over as Manager.
At Oaktree we love to get outdoors and explore nature. We feel that it is important that the children learn to look after the planet therefore we joined Eco schools and have been awarded our green flag. The team and I have a passion for charity and love to give back to the community. We sponsor a charity a year and hold different charitable events to get the families and children involved. We also regularly collect items for the local food bank and teach the children about the importance of helping others.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.