Orchard House Victoria House
Day Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 07.30 – 18.30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
Located on Victoria Road in the centre of Marlow, the nursery is situated close to The Doctor’s House Surgery; drive around the surgery to find a small road which brings you to our nursery.
The nursery is within easy access from the A404 and just a 5-minute walk to the Town Centre. There are good bus links into Marlow, with a 7 minute walk to the nursery from the closest bus stop.
Parking is available directly outside the nursery for drop-off and pickup.
Orchard House Victoria House
Previously a British Red Cross Community Hall, the building was converted and opened by Lady Ann Redgrave in 2011.
Victoria House Day Nursery, in Marlow, has a real family feel and offers spacious, light and airy rooms with a fantastic outdoor space. This small, welcoming nursery prioritises individual care and learning for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years, whilst building strong parental partnerships.
All activities are designed in line with EYFS principles and implemented by highly trained staff. There is a large, fully resourced garden which offers ample opportunities for outdoor play and learning. The garden features include a pirate ship, treetop walkway and balancing beams. There is also a purpose-built preschool garden along with a dedicated vegetable patch and mud kitchen.
Our children get involved in imaginative play and real-world play to help them grow and develop. And older children begin to learn about personal care and safety, as they become more independent and curious.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How We Learn at Orchard House Day Nurseries & Preschools
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading space the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We will start to develop your child’s early vocabulary, understanding and social skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- Our key focus is to develop children’s language, social and physical development, and to encourage children to do things for themselves by exploring, investigating, watching, and listening
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- Our key focus is to teach self-help skills and extend on building self-care skills, self-esteem, develop language and communication skills, and build vocabulary
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- We have an impressive large garden in which children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- All our children have free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing space in our ‘Grow Area’ for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
- Our toddlers have use of an all-weather decking area where they can enjoy yoga stories and dining with friends, providing social and wellbeing opportunities
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 16th March, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.